Sunday, November 12, 2017
Gratitude Challenge Week 2
I am thankful for:
1. The beautiful plants scattered throughout my house, [mostly] bought and [all] cared for by my horticulturist husband.
2. Beautiful fall weather. (Disclaimer: the picture above is not of my house. But it is in my area.)
3. Indoor toilets.
4. Healthy eggs from healthy, happy chickens. They're on a laying strike right now (I think they're molting) and boy do we miss their eggs! Grocery store eggs just aren't the same.
5. Thrift stores. The ones up here are not the greatest as far as selection goes, but the sales are AMAZING. Bought three bags of clothes, a pair of toddler boots, and a bouncy chair yesterday, all for $4...can't beat that. And my money stretches so much farther buying secondhand...and with such a limited clothing store selection in town, I can often buy better-quality clothes used than I can retail.
6. Whole wheat waffles and buttermilk syrup (that's dinner tonight, yum!). Simple pleasures.
7. Phones--the ability to call and talk to family members across the street, the state, or the country instantaneously. What a miracle that is! Also, the blessing of having family members to call who like me enough to want to talk to me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment