Sunday, October 19, 2008

Regarding Proposition 102 (AZ) and 8 (CA)

Hey folks, I've been trying and trying to rewrite this in a way that will express our views best, but I just can't say it better than this article by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We agree whole-heartedly. Marriage is going to be defined one way or another, and my personal view is that society in general will be adversely affected if marriage is re-defined to mean something other than one man and one woman. Please read this article, ponder and pray about the decision you are making, and then vote your conscience. As for John and I, we are in favor of these amendments, as they will preserve our rights to worship as we choose. Do you realize that if same-sex marriages were legalized, churches who refuse to perform them could be in violation of law and could be prosecuted? That is scary to me, as I know my church and many churches believe that same-sex marriage is wrong and would not do it. So, as for me and my house, this is a proposition we support. Make your own decision, vote your own conscience, but please take these things into consideration when you do. Thanks! Love you all!

Here's the article:
The Divine Institution of Marriage

No comments: