I saw this tag on a friend's blog today and thought I would do it, since it would do me good today to think about what makes me happy.
"If you get tagged, you have to list 10 things that make you happy. What are the things that tickle your fancy, make you smile or still give you that butterfly sensation? What things do you seek out and truly enjoy? The only rule is that you can't say your kids or your spouse...it's too easy."
1. The feeling that Heavenly Father loves me and is happy with me and I've done what He wanted me to do. Knowing He watches over me and my loved ones, and answers our prayers, and that we aren't left to muddle through this life alone, but He'll help us through.
2. Leaning my head on John's shoulder and holding his hand. Going on dates with him.
3. Reading to my children. There is something magical about holding them both on my lap with my arms around them and reading happy stories together.
4. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Being sealed to John and our children in the temple and knowing I can be with my family forever.
5. Beautiful weather. Rain in Arizona, peaceful (not windy) snowy evenings in Idaho, crisp fall days with the smell of wood fires burning, warm summer days after long winters, the newness of spring. It always makes me happy to be alive and able to get out and enjoy it.
6. Playing the piano. I'm not great at it, but it always soothes my soul and makes me happy to play the piano. Especially when it's a real piano, not a keyboard...ah, someday!
7. Cooking something yummy for my family in my clean, bright kitchen. (It's not clean and bright all the time, but when it is, I love it!)
8. Fresh flowers. Cut, planted or potted, I just love to see them and their beauty brightens my day. My first semester at Ricks College, I walked down 1st West every morning to school (I lived just north of the stadium) and growing out of the middle of the sidewalk were some little orange daisies. They were so bright and friendly-looking, they always made me smile and they always made my day better.
9. Apple crisp. As a horticulture student, John gets apples for free from the orchard on campus, and we've been eating lots of apple crisp. I love it! It smells and tastes so good. Yum. And fresh fruit in general makes me happy, especially the free kind.
10. Joshua's kissable cheeks and Adam's cheesy grins.
11. (Bonus) Holding my sweet baby who has just fallen asleep in my arms.
I'm not much for tagging people, but if you could use a boost and would like to do this, consider yourself tagged! It will brighten your day.
Anna
3 comments:
Hi Anna, Somehow I randomly happened upon your blog-- Good to see pictures of your family and what you are up to!
Thanks for the happy thoughts. Sometimes it is nice to be reminded to enjoy the little things and not get caught up in the mundane day to day tasks. It brightened my day!
Cynthia
P.S. LOVE the new picture!!!
Anna--how fun to be discovered by an old friend! I will be checking in again! Love, Bekah
p.s. I used to write happy thoughts in my journal every night--really simple ones--as a teenager, and I swear, it was an immunization against teenage ups and downs. Coincidentally, I started it after a YW activity that you and I were probably both at!
Post a Comment