Friday, April 22, 2016
Sunday, Sunday
I feel like I should share this--hopefully it will be helpful to someone. We have been working on keeping the Sabbath day holy, figuring out what that means to us, for a long time. Finally I realized it isn't about the do's and don'ts, it's about (for me) showing the Lord that I value what He has given me, and don't take it for granted. How can I do this? By prioritizing His gifts--taking time away from my own hobbies and everyday duties and giving it to Him and to my family. I put together this list of ideas to help us make the Sabbath day special and set it apart from the rest of the week. My plan is to refer my children to it on Sunday afternoons when we are home from church and the day stretches ahead of us. It is a reminder for me and my husband as well, to help us line up our activities with our priorities on this holy day. Included in this list are some things that are specific to our family, some that are specific to our faith, and some to our location. You are welcome to modify it for your own family and circumstances. God bless us all as we seek to keep the Sabbath in our own way!
Sunday Activity Ideas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment