Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful Sunday #4--Only One to Go!

1. Prayer. I am so thankful that I can pour out my heart to my Father in Heaven, and I know that He hears and answers my prayers.
2. Inspiration. Those little whispers that tell me what I need to know and do to be a better mother and wife (and everything else). I'm talking mainly about little things, like when it occurs to me, all of a sudden, that the reason Adam isn't cooperating is because he's tired, not just disobedient. I believe those flashes of knowledge, wisdom or understanding are a gift from a loving Father in Heaven who knows I'm doing my best but still really need His help.
3. Low gas prices. We went to Utah for Thanksgiving for about $20 round trip. Amazing! (Hopefully they'll hold steady until we drive to Mesa in two weeks....)
4. True friends. Thank you!
5. Plants. Greenery always makes the world seem like a brighter place. And I love having a husband who takes care of all of our plants, even the ones that are "mine". It's so nice of him!
6. Enough. We've always had enough. We have food to eat, clothes to wear, a car that runs, everything we really need (and more). What a gift it is to have enough!
7. Richness. We are rich in love, life, and family. We may not be rich in money, but I think this is better.

4 comments:

AltonST said...

thank you Anna. Love, Mom

G-ma N G-pa Brxb said...

When my kids were little--I spent months teaching them manners. If they were invited to dinner they were to take something to help with the meal or to show appreciation and by all means be there on time. If they knew when the dinner hour was and they were not specifically invited they should postpone their visit until a later hour. If you teach your kids this they will always be liked where ever they go.

Kent and Jan said...

My sister,Susan,used to say when her kids asked her if they were rich,"We aren't rich in money but we are rich in blessings." You all are a blessing to us and we are very rich! Love you and can't wait to see you. Mom

G-ma N G-pa Brxb said...

I don't know what made me write such a stupid comment. It has nothing to do with your weekly blessings message. Chalk it up to old age. I was thinking about our trip to New York. Love you,