3. Three loving brothers. Much of what I need to know for #2, I learned from these good boys that I grew up with. They have always been so good to me, and I love them very much. I'm so glad to be their sister. (Shown here with our grandparents, Leath and Thelma Cluff, in about 1990.)

4. Four+ years in Rexburg, Idaho. I came here as an 18-year-old, graduated with my Associates Degree at 19 and thought I would never be back. And yet, here we are. But, you know, I love it here. It is a special place, and I am so grateful that I could be a student here and that John is now (and almost done!). I love that along with the rigorous secular education available here, there is also a strong focus on spiritual learning. It really was the best place for me in those first years away from home when I was still figuring out who I was and who I wanted to be. And it's been so good for John, and a wonderful experience for our family.

5. Five(ish) months in Willard, Utah. We had such good experiences this summer! Our ward was wonderful, and even though we weren't there for very long, we made great friends, Adam was in the best Nursery class ever (they were so good!), we were able to give meaningful service, and we learned so much. It was a wonderful opportunity for us and we are so grateful to Barney and Della Barnett, who invited us to come and live down there for free while John interned for them at Willard Bay Gardens. We love you, Barney and Della!
5. (Bonus) Five years this month, married to my best friend. Woohoo! Looking forward to an eternity more. Love you, Babe!7. Seven days this week to rest and pack and eat and pack some more! John doesn't have school this week, and we have lots to do, so we are grateful for the time to do it. We're hoping to pack up most of our belongings this week...wish us luck!
3 comments:
Thank you for counting your blessings Anna. I think I will take some time to count mine too. Love, Mom
Such good reminders of what is truly important in our lives. You are a blessing to us and our family, Anna. Thank you for counting your blessings and letting us read them. We love you, Mom and Dad Brooksby
Good luck on that packing!
After the break you can bring the boys over any time you need a break from them to get some serious packing done. I know it's tough to get those kind of things done with 'helpers'.
Post a Comment