Friday, September 26, 2008

Experiences

We've had some sadness in our home in the last little while--we were expecting a baby next May, but for some unknown reason we lost the baby this week. This has been hard for us. We are grateful for our understanding of God's plan for us and for the knowledge that our family is eternal, that we will be together as a family forever, if we are faithful.

This scripture about the Savior brought me comfort as well:

"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

"And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." (Alma 7:11-12)

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and our truest friend, and that he suffers with us when we suffer, and mourns when we mourn. He is with us in our hour of sorrow, though we cannot see him.

Please don't worry too much about us--we have a loving Father in Heaven and kind friends here below, and they're taking good care of us. We have two precious boys to hold on to a little tighter and we have each other. And we're doing okay.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers in our behalf. We love you.

Anna

18 comments:

Cynthia Gibbons said...

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your baby. I can only imagine how hard that must be. I will remember to keep you in my prayers.
I love you.
Cynthia

Kent and Jan said...

Having been through at least as many miscarriages as births, including losing one at 6 months, we know the disappointment and hurt you are feeling. We love you and want you to know that even though this hurts right now, you will be OK. Every winter is followed by spring.
Mom and Dad Brooksby

Katy said...

I am truly sorry to hear that! We're not sure how it will work out with our little Gavin either. I admire your courage & patience. If things don't turn out like we'd want to with our mortal perspective, I think I'll be re-reading your posting a lot. :) Does this mean we're off for bows then?

Steve and Allison said...

anna i am so sorry. please let us know if there's anything we can do. we miss you guys living under us.

Crystal Price said...

I love your optimism during this trying time. Check our Elder Hollands talk he gave a couple of weeks ago at the CES fireside. Here is one quote, "Every one of us, in one way or another, great or small, dramatic or incidental, are going to spend a little time in Liberty Jail - spiritually speaking." Hope you are well, and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

The Crider Clan said...

John and Anna,

We love you both so much, and are sorry to hear about you losing your baby. We know you will be okay though; you are strong, and you know Heavenly Father's plan. We send you lots of hugs!

Melissa

Sokimna said...

Hi, anna. I hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog. I am sorry to hear about your lost. you are such a strong person and a great mom! I love adam and the scripture stories he tells me when we are playing outside in the playground. Please, call me if you need anything!

Caralee and Jon said...

Hey Anna,

I'm so sorry to hear about that, I wondered what had happened after hearing your testimony. You have already been in our prayers. I know its hard, remember I had one not too long ago. If you need to talk or cry just let me know. I completely understand even with our knowledge its still okay to have saddness over the loss of a child.

Geoff and Emily said...

I am so sorry, you two! It is hard to handle something like that! I have had a couple of miscarriages myself, and know that it is hard! Keep your chins up, though, 'cause this too shall pass! I love you both! Squeeze your little boys for me!
Emily

Kara said...

Anna,

Please know that you are all in our prayers. We miss you both.

Kara and Bryan

Hiatt Family said...

We love you guys and are really sorry that you have to go through this. We know how much this affects your life & the thoughts of your future family. Let us know if you need anything.
Love,
Anjane'

Amber said...

So sorry for your loss. I too, just have to keep reminding myself that God knows best, and that he has a plan, and that our next child will come when it's right. But it's still hard and I truly hope that you'll be okay. Hope your cute boys are doing well.
Take care of you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you are feeling better now. It happened to me too and I think that was a lesson for me to learn. Anyway, we hope we'll see you all sometime soon. It's hard to live to far away from family! Take care!

John and Anna said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words!

Andrea said...

So I just barely looked at your blog, because I haven't had a lot of time for blog hopping lately, but I wanted to tell you guys I love you! I know you will be ok. Just trust in the Lord, which I know you already are. He know's you are hurting, and he knows how to help you. I will keep you in my prayers. I love you and your boys. Give them a big hug from me.
Love,
Andrea

Erin Lafleur said...

I just found your blog via a friend the other day and was saddened to hear of your pain. You are right... Christ knows it all, but still remember when his friend Lazurus died he also wept. Don't deprive yourself of that, it does not show weakness of your faith, but rather is a testament to the love you have for the precious children Heavenly Father has blessed you with for however long.

We love you all!

Holly said...

John and Anna I'm so sorry. You both have a strong faith in Jesus Christ and great examples to me and hope that you rubbed off a little on me while you were living in Willard. We miss you and the boys wished they could still play with Adam. Hang in there.
Love,
Holly

Devin and Elisa said...

We're sorry to hear of your loss. It's okay to cry and grieve, even for a while after. My heart goes to you because we experienced the same thing last year. Time helps to heal and so do good friends. We miss seeing you and your family. Please know we're thinking of you!
Elisa Caldwell